Site Merchandising Manager, Home Improvement
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Enthusiast and Professional
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1801623
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
The Home Improvement team is looking for a Manager of Site Merchandising to help drive online merchandising strategies leveraging web analytics and to improve the overall customer experience. The ideal candidate will possess 6+ years of e-commerce experience in a data driven culture and demonstrated experience managing a team.
This role will report to the Director of Home Improvement and will be based at at Walmart e-commerce HQ in San Bruno, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The Manager of E-commerce Site Merchandising will lead a team focused on managing site for the Home Improvement category. This position is responsible for:
- Creating a vision and plan take the Home Improvement site experience to the next level (navigation, search, inspiration and curation) and offer a best-in-class customer experience
- Build, oversee and drive storytelling strategy, incorporating business priorities and trends to create market-leading content that drives repeat visits and increased engagement
- Achieving topline and bottom line sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives
- Improving processes related to usage of site metrics, curation, content integration, site merchandising and onsite personalization.
- Manage, mentor and develop team for future growth within the department and organization
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation, search, customer experience, and driving roadmap priorities to incorporate into the business
- Identify, recommend and implement strategies that improve visitor engagement and conversion
- Improve customer experience ratings, conversion metrics and profit
- Partner with other Marketing leaders to improve customer acquisition and retention rates
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in e-commerce in a data driven environment
- 4 years of demonstrated experience managing a team
- Proficiency in e-commerce platforms, planning and/or site analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst), and familiarity with content management tools
- Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed during peak season
- Demonstrate understanding of retail e-commerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality
- Utilize strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to be action and detail oriented, organized with ability to manage teams to execute within deadlines
- Demonstrate strong resource workload and capacity management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple resources, priorities and a large volume of business
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with cross functional resources
- Analyze and react to quality and performance metrics to drive quality and efficiencies within the team
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong decision making skills
- Work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Cultivates an environment that is safe, innovative and positive. Create an energetic and high performing culture.
- Lead a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Be assertive, adaptable and demonstrate initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a creative mindset
- Successfully manage outside vendor relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize our in-house analysis tools
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business