Category Analytics, Senior Manager - Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1800082
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
- Works with leadership/business partners (e.g., Directors) to discuss and understand goals/functional objectives and key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current and future business issues; identifies functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans.
- Provides guidance to Directors and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research.
- Presents actionable recommendations to Directors to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams and individual projects for a business area, category or prototype.
- Interfaces with external business partners and vendors.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Addresses complex business problems
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results and value.
- Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Conducts performance and career development conversations, if applicable.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors less experienced associates.
- Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end for a business area, category or prototype.
- Manages risk associated with implementation.
Proof of Concept and Prototype:
- Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects.
- Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution.
- Collaborates with Advanced Analytics Experts to develop new data analysis techniques.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field
- 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years' experience in data analytics or related field
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
- Master's degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field