Measurement Science Manager
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1797951
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced measurement client facing leader who will focus on leveraging advertising solutions and platforms to grow their businesses on Walmart. You will lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- The Measurement Science Manager will manage the interpretation the analytics reporting and analysis for key insights & performance recommendations with Walmart advertisers
- From strategy, planning, and campaign completion, Measurement Science will support sales and deliver clarity to advertisers who are seeking causal insights and measurement impact
- Design and implement solutions in collaboration with internal/external Legal, Compliance, Product, Engineering teams
- Lead process improvement initiatives to scale data and measurement solutions
- The Leader will perform hands-on analysis and conduct in-depth investigations with team, execute end-to-end measurement projects, and make actionable recommendations to the business.
- Data Driven Best Practices, Recommendations, & Guidance, and Drive Future Actions with the clients are just a few of the many impactful deliverables.
- Lead assessment execution for multiple third party data and measurement solutions
- Assess the potential usefulness, validity, and rigor of new data sources or measurement methodologies as well as capabilities of potential partners
- Partner with centralized Engineering Data Science team to develop methodologies for measuring causal ROI of novel marketing tactics and strategies
- Contribute with building measurement / analytics tools and platforms reflect the best and most appropriate solutions available.
- BS degree in statistics, economics, operations research, engineering
- 2+ years of experience in measurement, integrated marketing strategy & analytics, including managing technical resources and multiple priorities & milestones.
- Communication, presentation, and project management experience
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g. SQL, R)
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and relationship building/management with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, and Engineering
- Experience working with and subjectively evaluating leading industry technology vendors, external publishers/networks and ad tech partners.
- Well versed in Advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions and programmatic ad buying platform
- Extensive experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
- Action-oriented analysis and recommendations: Focused on business outcomes to drive all priorities and accountability.
- Masters or PhD degree.
- Serve as a key point of contact with measurement teams within our agencies and other partners
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction.
- Experience in omni-channel marketing, attribution and ROI measurement, including performance and awareness of online advertising.
- Experience with online advertising, targeting, and measurement systems and methodologies
- Experience with advertising technology platforms Ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, etc.