Finance and Accounting Manager (Photo Studio)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1795427
What you'll do at
Walmart.com is seeking an Accounting Manager to manage timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes for its Fashion Photo Studio, maintain a monthly budget and support the Fashion FP&A team.
As Accounting Manager, you’ll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You’ll be responsible for managing the financial close process and reviewing monthly GL reconciliation supporting the Photo studio in various requests. You’ll be responsible for maintaining timely/ accurate financial records, submitting invoices and performing financial analysis.
Reporting to the FP&A Senior Manager supporting Fashion, you will partner with the Accounting and Finance teams on accounting treatments and process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements and be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lanes and business functions. Because we hire for judgement, we’ll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We’re looking for a critical thinker and problem solver.
You will also liaise across the entire business with collaboration on any accounting issues, controls or compliance process decisions necessary to have all teams working effectively and in compliance with all internal control initiatives.
- Responsible for all accounting activities related to Fashion’s photo studio including the monthly close process, reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring invoices are accurately recorded with proper approval as well as support and payments are remitted in accordance with payment terms
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, Operations and others as needed to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues and understand fluctuations in balances and provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions, as well as supporting systems, and to ensure quality of data
- Be the liaison between Walmart and the Photo Studio, working with the Accounting team and other key areas of the business to develop optimal procedures and best practices and support internal control documentation of these processes and ensure all reporting/budgeting deadlines are met
- Support finance and other business partners as needs arise, including ad-hoc analyses and projects for the Fashion Finance team
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-6 years of practical accounting experience
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and retail/fashion
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are excited to provide support to other lanes through various ad hoc financial requests and special projects
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with utmost attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and deliverables under the pressure of deadlines with composure
- Self-starter; works independently and exhibits high degree of motivation, bias for action and a passion for innovation
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch.
- Public accounting experience/CPA
- Experience using ERP accounting software packages, specifically Microsoft products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel – i.e. functions such as SUMIFS, VLOOKUP or INDEX, IF-THEN logical statements and experience working with large volume of data.