Senior User Experience Designer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1795414
What you'll do at
Have you ever thought about what it takes to deliver a package to a customer?
Facility Center Associates, Truck Drivers, Operations and Product Managers, Data Scientists, Engineers, and Designers work together every day to make this possible. To make it fast, reliable, cost-effective and great customer experience.
Walmart Supply Chain Technology (SCT) is seeking a senior designer with a real passion for phenomenal user experience design and an exceptional eye for detail. This is a unique opportunity to work in the biggest Supply Chain Network in the world.
As the eCommerce space continues to grow along with customer expectations, it’s imperative that we take a proactive role in delighting customers and increase reliability in our package network.
The senior designer will conceive and design the user experience strategy for the regional Supply Chain Network. We're looking for a visually articulate designer capable of communicating their ideas through simple user flows, compelling high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes. You will have high influence and impact on the way Walmart associates perform operations and how business visualizes data and information.
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5-10+ years applied experience in user experience design
- Demonstrable understanding of visual and user experience design disciplines and principles
- 2-5+ years in applying user experience design principles to data and information visualization in the business
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Sketch and inVision in particular)
- Proficiency in the use of design languages and components libraries
- Critical eye for attention to detail and pixel perfection, capable of rendering high fidelity layouts and icons
- Ability to run E2E user testing sessions (write scripts, set up the environment, moderate interviews, summarize and share insights, turn insights into specific actions)
- Willing to deep dive into product requirements and help other designers as needed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Willing to learn new skills on the job
- Document UX specifications, design, and standards
- Experience with agile development principles
- Able to lead multiple projects and tasks at a time
The core responsibility for this role is to build a rich, engaging and consistent experience for the business and operations across all the Supply Chain Network. This includes running user testing sessions, conceiving and prototyping new visualizations and interactions for various tools, then working with worldwide and regional teams to finalize designs, documenting solutions and participating in their implementation. We are looking for a great teammate with superb communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Strong leadership skills are critical to the success of this role.
Bachelor’s degree in Human-computer interaction, or relevant and equivalent industry experience required.