Category Manager - Consumer Financial Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1792129
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer experience. Walmart.com’s financial services portolio includes a wide range of offerings that increase our customers’ purchasing power and provide convenience for their day-to-day financial transactions, ranging from credit and lending products to gift cards, money transfers, pre-paid reloadable debit cards and check printing.
The Category Manager, Consumer Financial Services will be responsible for driving the strategy, financials and operational performance of a variety of services within the portfolio, focusing on growth initiatives, new features, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating activities.
- Lead the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of a variety of Walmart financial services offerings.
- Develop and drive execution of the business growth strategy to deliver on the daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial plan. Look for ways to reduce the cost and increase the channel profitability.
- Create a growth oriented roadmap and be the internal advocate for new features to develop in partnership with Product, UX and other internal teams.
- Drive operating and site improvements to ensure continuous improvement in conversion rate leading to higher acqusitions and spend.
- Monitor competitive/industry dynamics and manage the customer value proposition to ensure Walmart’s competitive positioning.
- Generate customer insights and make continuous improvements to customer value proposition balancing the cost and profitability.
- Engage consistently with Marketing team and external brands to drive promotions and co-op opportunities for the category.
- Ideally 4+ years of Financial Services or related retail management, product management and/or operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in a consumer-focused, e-commerce environment.
- Solid analytical skills and high ease working with Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management, P&L operating experience, analytical mindset, partner management and project management skills, and financial acumen with vision, creativity, and passion.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically, highly skilled at influencing across the organization at all levels as well as ensuring flawless execution.
- Demonstrated high degree of ownership and integrity, attention to detail, excellent communication, and team approach in a fast-paced, fun, hard-working and customer-focused environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA a strong plus
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed