Senior Data Engineer
- Location EMERYVILLE, CA
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1790162
What you'll do at
Art.com Inc. is made up of talented people who are original thinkers and who love a culture where innovation, creativity and results are valued. Since its inception in 1998, Art.com has grown to be the largest online specialty retailer of high quality art, a position of strength that presents excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement for our employees.
Discover your potential
As an innovative and growing company, Art.com Inc. consistently strives to remain competitive in attracting and retaining employees whose work-hard, play-hard attitude allows them to thrive in achieving both personal and professional goals. Our performance-based culture has been developed around this approach. You can also expect challenging, rewarding work, competitive salaries, great benefits, and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
You will be a part of an agile team of highly motivated and talented engineers, and you will be building the core data platform that powers the next generation data, analytics, and machine learning solutions. You will be using the latest cloud-based technologies to build the data lake and data platform. You will work across disparate platforms, data sources and formats, and you will work closely with Product Managers, Growth Marketers and other Engineers.
- Analyze, design, develop and implement solutions for data lake components.
- Analyze data, system and data flows and develop new data models in production.
- Design, build and deploy efficient data integration pipelines for extraction, loading and transformation of data.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets, including quality.
- Work with data from disparate environments (SQL, NoSQL, Columnar, etc.) data stores on premises and on the cloud
- Write scripts/programs to extract from and publish data using APIs (SOAP, REST etc.), working with data in various formats such as relational, JSON, XML etc.
- Develop the next generation analytics platform on the cloud
- Work with business and technology groups, especially with Growth Marketers, to understand business processes and convert business needs into technical solutions
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the data engineering space building data pipelines
- Experience in writing and optimizing SQL scripts
- Experience in scripting (Python)
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, Redshift etc.) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra etc.)
- Experience in ETL design, implementation, and optimization
- Experience building and scaling for high data volume and velocity
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Excellent business and communication skills and the ability to identify and communicate data issues and insights
- Experience with versioning tools like Git or SVN
Nice to Haves
- Exposure to dimensional modeling, schema design
- Experience in distributed processing – Spark, MapReduce
- Experience working with marketing data providers
- Experience with data cleansing methodologies and tools
- Experience with ETL systems
- Experience with cloud data systems such as AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery or Snowflake
- Exposure to BI/Visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, Cognos