Senior Back End Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1790147
What you'll do at
Art.com Inc. is made up of talented people who are original thinkers and who love a culture where innovation, creativity and results are valued. Since its inception in 1998, Art.com has grown to be the largest online specialty retailer of high quality art, a position of strength that presents excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement for our employees.
Discover Your Potential
As an innovative and growing company, Art.com Inc. consistently strives to remain competitive in attracting and retaining employees whose work-hard, play-hard attitude allows them to thrive in achieving both personal and professional goals. Our performance-based culture has been developed around this approach. You can also expect challenging, rewarding work, competitive salaries, great benefits, and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
You will be a part of small agile team of highly motivated and talented engineers. This team not just only builds and maintains services platform (building block for all of our micro services), but also responsible for building ecommerce features like Catalog and Search. As part of this group, you have an opportunity to explore latest technologies to solve complex business problems. At the same time, you have resources available of Fortune one company.
- Work with product owners, designer, others on the engineering team to implement a scalable services platform incorporating several frameworks enabling teams to build micro services.
- Design for extensibility, scalability, concurrency using best in class architectural patterns and design principles.
- Code, test, and optimize design and code across services stack.
- Guide internal and external technology interaction and facilitate technology innovation
- Lead technology evaluation and solution prototyping
- Characterize and drive the company technology standards and best practices
- Perform prototyping to validate implementation approaches
- Must be active participant in requirement gathering, decision making and technical implementation
- Works closely with development managers, architects, project managers and other team members in addressing technical issues
- Recommends new strategies, innovative ideas and technologies in resolving technical issues
- Collaborates with other software engineers to achieve common business goals
- Provides leadership while managing or handling the resolution of production issues
- 7+ years of experience building high performance, highly scalable, Java/.Net based services.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, math or relevant fields.
Extensive hands-on experience and expertise in object-oriented as well as functional design methodology using Java (or Scala / Go) and expertise building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot.
Extensive experience developing in .NET C# and other Open Source languages and frameworks, WCF/REST-based Web Services.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithm fundamentals and Java Platform Internals (collections, concurrency, etc.)Strong analytical and coding skills, able to grasp new technologies quickly, clear understanding of implications and solution to bandwidth utilization in high transaction environments
Solid foundation for software architecture and software engineering practices with a passion for engineering complex, yet simple and powerful web platform solutions
Solid understanding of API's development using REST JSON/XML and micro services architecture.
Experience in database SQL and NoSQL like Cassandra, Mongo DB, Redis.
Expert level experience in developing stored procedures, functions, jobs, ETL, and SQL Profiling and Notification services
Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; and able to multitask.
Experience with query optimization, bandwidth optimization, high transaction environments, and schema design
Working Knowledge of Search technologies, Solr, ElasticSearch
Good working knowledge of building cloud aware applications in AWS, cloud service and deployment models.
Deploy and host micro services on AWS stack using Docker images to launch containers on EC2 instances and using Elastic Bean Stalk and Jenkins.
Experience with tuning and optimizing high transaction environments with clear understanding of implications and solutions for scaling high-traffic SQL and NOSQL environments
Experience with mocking frameworks, dependency injection, and aspect-oriented programming
Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Splunk, Jenkins, and Continuous Integration environments a plus
Understanding of .Net Frameworks 4.5/3.5, MS SQL 2016/2019 a plus
Excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills
Proven track record and experience with delivering projects on a hard deadline