Manager, Operations Excellence
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1789136
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
As the Manager, Operations Excellence within the Retail Core Engine, you will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale, balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with the Retail Teams to support their efforts to help our customers save money and live better.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are able to successfully interact with executive leadership and stakeholders
- You have a “customer service” approach to solving problems
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You have excellent data analytics skills with a strong focus on execution
- You empower and inspire your team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better."
- You have demonstrated the ability to hire and develop strong leaders and build a high-performance team
- You have a passion for “Operations”
About the role
- Work with Retail leadership, Retail Support, Engineering, Product and other business partners to resolve issues ranging from introduction of new processes, features or technologies to documentation and/or improvement of existing processes
- Drive escalation of issues, coordinate key resources across the organization in the escalation process, and project manage the issue until its resolution
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to generate proper levels of awareness and adoption of the team’s objectives and goals
- Help develop and deploy process innovations and facilitate the sharing of best practices across the organization
- Be responsible for assisting leadership teams in setting and measurement of actual performance against expected standards
- Manage all day to day activities related to performance improvement
- Build, empower, and lead talented operations focused teams in the practical application of continuous improvement tools to drive significant business impact and culture.
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/ project management experience
- Prior experience working in an eCommerce environment preferred
- Experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting KPIs metrics, and managing complex on-the-fly operational concerns
- Prior experience working with JIRA & Tableau
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills