Planning Manager, Specialty Rooms
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1789094
What you'll do at
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plan and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category and make recommendations to improve the business to meet the financial objectives.
- Provides standardized weekly recaps to Category Managers.
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (sales by channel, profit, aur) for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Manages and executes category budgets, seasonal and campaign buy plans and line review financials.
- Prepare Joint Business Planning analysis in collaboration with category team.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Forecasts all metrics in OTB and provide summary to category team.
- Manages forecast meetings, processes and decision making for category.
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Develops inventory and buying strategies for the category in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Has performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planning Specialists.
- 4-6 years of experience in planning and buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.