Strategic Program Manager - Business Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1788602
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Strategic Program Manager in it’s Business Operations team to focus on driving overall operational cadence for Walmart Media Group and it’s strategic initiatives. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Manage overall cadence of tracking / reporting / timelines and accountability for centralized strategic initiatives at the organization level
- Establish and maintain clear chains of accountability for every initiative
- Manage leadership communications and cascading of information to teams
- Negotiate program delivery timelines with stakeholders
- Experience interfacing and communication with executives, business and technical stakeholders
- Escalate and resolve issues as suitable. Manage and coordinate timely access to Walmart resources.
- Ensures ongoing communication of progress against project/program objectives to various forums
- Manage WMG’s OKR (Objectives and Key Results) program and process
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization to ensure successful implementation for projects within a moderately-to-highly complex category or business area.
- Collaborates with stakeholders regarding project scope, risks and mitigation tactics, dependencies and change management.
Minimum Qualifications -
- 5-7+ years experience in program management, project management leading large cross-functional teams
- Experience with retail / e-commerce or advertising / media preferred
- Experience working with c-level executives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale program management.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to drive multiple programs and collaborate effectively with external and internal partners.