Sr. Manager – Return Operations
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1788427
What you'll do at
Sr. Manager – Return Operations
About Jet & Walmart US eCommerce
Jet and Walmart are reshaping eCommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan) and San Bruno & Sunnyvale, CA, we are group of shopping sites on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Walmart & Jet US eCommerce, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world-class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet & Walmart US eCommerce, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple and blue.
About the Job
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a business manager to lead the implementation of cross-functional, and highly visible strategic initiatives. The candidate will be part of the Returns team and will coordinate across Walmart.com, Walmart Stores, Walmart Subsidiaries and Walmart sellers to create, implement and manage a world-class returns experience.
The role requires extensive collaboration with product management and engineering, strategy, stores, supply chain, retail merchandizing, customer care and store operations & analytics. It requires excellent written and verbal communication skills enable you to effectively collaborate with remote teams, influence stakeholders across the organization, and present compelling proposals and result to senior leaders. We’re looking for a smart business owner who can deliver big ideas and own projects end-to-end.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Computer Science, Industrial engineering & Systems, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- 5+ years of ecommerce operations experience in a fast-moving, high-visibility business where you optimized processes to gain efficiencies to improve customer experience
- 5+ years of experience using analytical tools - including Excel, SQL and Tableau – to measure performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and develop thought leadership to help build a world-class returns experience
- Drive initiatives and changes to return policies to improve customer experience
- Ability to communicate ideas and influence stakeholders effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with executive level business and technical partners
- Track record of delivering results and ability to demonstrate measurable results to business and customer KPIs
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Belief in our purpose of saving money so our customers can live better
- Belief in our culture to fulfill this purpose through our core values of service to the customer, striving for excellence, respect for the individual, and acting with integrity.
- MBA, master’s degree in industrial engineering, supply chain management or a related field
- Experience in fulfillment operation, supply chain systems, product management, customer returns and deep understanding of how to connect with and develop amazing experience for customers/partners
- Project Management certifications and ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with product team to ensure seamless execution
- Proficiency of developing spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to documents business process and track version controls for improvements
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously