Associate Product Manager - Pricing
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1785878
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (category management, site merchandising, marketing, engineering) and external supplier teams to gather input on product requirements and execute the product development roadmap for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Partners with suppliers to develop product and end-user requirements.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Has performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Associate Product Managers.
Product Development Lifecycle:
- Manages and executes product development lifecycle (from concept to phasing-out technology products or features) across multiple sites within a low-to-moderately complex category, ensuring achievement of product development objectives and identifying and prioritizing tradeoffs across product development initiatives.
- Reviews product development lifecycle/process across multiple websites for a low-to-moderately complex category and develops contingency plans to manage risk or address identified challenges.
Product Development Roadmap:
- Develops and manages the implementation of the product development roadmap for a low-to-moderately complex category based on knowledge of category strategy and input from category managers and team members in related functions (site merchandising, planning, marketing, etc.).
- Plans and coordinates technology developments e.g., site functionality enhancements, product/pricing tools and dashboards) and ensures technology forecasts are integrated into roadmap based on knowledge of short- and longer term needs of a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Reviews and updates roadmap as business needs change to maintain alignment to overall category strategy.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
Research and Analysis:
- Manages and reviews product research and analysis performed.
- 2 years' experience using Microsoft Office tools (for example, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 1 year's experience in product management or related field OR 3 years' experience in product management or related field.
- 2 years' experience in merchandising, marketing ecommerce, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field
- 2 years' experience in product development
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.