- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1785798
What you'll do at
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Maintain trailers by inspecting to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order; maintaining proper fuel levels; and performing trailer inventory checks.
- Utilize warehouse management systems (e.g., yard management system, radio) to move trailers to designated locations within the yard.
- Ensure quality by maintaining records, logs and forms, including any forms required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Operate tractor/trailer unit safely by adhering to all safety requirements, to include placing trailers in designated locations.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position
- Yard Driver Operations. Drives tractor/trailors in a safe and correct manner by adhering to all regulations (e.g., company, local, state and federal).
- Transports trailers to appropriate destinations in an accurate and timely manner. Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged
products, or improper procedures. Operates tractor/trailer in a safe and correct manner. Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right
information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets
deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity
and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Moves up and down a ladder.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten and loosen hardware (for example, nuts, bolts).
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection,
respiratory protection, chemical protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Operate motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Works at heights.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
Valid state-issued driver's license and 6 months experience operating tractor/trailer units