Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics – Advanced Analytics & Data Science
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1782344
What you'll do at
As the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics – Advanced Analytics & Data Science, you will join the Data Science team within Marketing Analytics. In this role, you will build statistical/machine learning models to assess and optimize performance across/within marketing channels, identify the incremental impact of marketing activities across channels/key product categories, and forecast key business performance metrics. This role is highly visible since it must work cross functionally (Category Marketing, Channel Marketing, Product Management, Web Analytics, and Data Engineering) and is charged with developing world-class analytics to maximize our ability to drive aggregate performance for Walmart.com through data-driven marketing. Given the size and scale of marketing at Walmart.com, this position will have significant impact across the organization.
- Integrate disparate data sources and leverage state-of-the-art analytics best practices and tools (i.e. SQL/Hive/Hadoop/Cloud, Adobe Analytics, VisualIQ, Tableau/ThoughSpot/Looker, etc.) in order to deliver integrated, actionable insights to partners and senior leadership around digital marketing optimization
- Build statistical models and model-driven tools that inform strategy for reporting, testing, analyzing, and forecasting business performance across key Product Categories and Marketing Channels.
- Collaborate with our Web Analytics and Marketing BI teams supporting Category & Channel Marketing to help the organization drive incremental sales through advanced analytics approaches such as demand curve analysis, adjacent category cross-sell, media investment optimization scenarios, multi-touch attribution, marginal ROAS, experimentation, etc.
- Partner with the Data Engineering & Measurement teams to provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines
- Partner with other Data Scientists/Machine Learning Experts to develop AI techniques to optimize business performance.
- Contribute to building out the team’s analytics toolkit through iterating on analysis methodology and acting cross functionally to generalize frameworks.
- Evangelize marketing measurement methodologies and clearly communicate the strengths and weaknesses of each method across a diverse set of stakeholders
- BA/BS in Statistics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or another quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in data analysis
- 3+ years of experience in Marketing/Digital Analytics
- 3+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL) and scripting/statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker) to blend data from multiple sources to answer multi-dimensional business questions
- Experience working with time series data, time series modeling techniques (ARIMA, VAR, Multivariate Regression), and optimization techniques
- Experience managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams to deliver large, complex projects
- Working knowledge of Digital Marketing Channels (Paid Social, Display, Affiliate, and SEO), Ad Technology (i.e. Marin, Kenshoo, Google DoubleClick & Adwords, etc.), and enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Embraces tackling complex, ambiguous problems with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Able to travel 10-20% of the time to our offices in San Bruno and Arkansas
- Masters in Statistics, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline.
- Background in Retail and/or eCommerce (Omnichannel experience a big plus)
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation
- Experience working with measurement tools and methodologies across online/offline channels, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, forecasting, and causal inference