Group Manager, Category Analytics - ENT
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1782068
What you'll do at
The Group Manager, Category Analytics will provide strategic and analytic support for the Entertainment and Services Retail team, while managing a team of analysts to support the ENT Retail Org. Your goal is to use data and analyses to uncover problems and inform critical business decisions.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll help identify problems and areas of improvement in profitability, assortment, pricing, and supply chain among others, as it related to the vertical assigned.
- You’ll partner with General Managers and Category leaders to influence business strategy and solve complex problems
- You’ll be the SME of data and tools for your vertical organization.
- Provide business intelligence and reporting for retail, marketing, and customer analytics departments
- Detect root causes of changes in metrics and effectively communicate these insights to different audiences
- Identify levers to move key metrics
- Build and automate dashboards and reports
- Conduct in-depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and frameworks
- Collaborate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges in each line of business and create data-driven solutions to them
- Partner with the larger data science and core analytics team to develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
- Mentor and train category specialists and managers to use data and tools to improve their business performance
- Manage and coach (when applicable) analytics managers and specialists to higher levels of performance
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- We think you’d look great in purple.
- Minimum of 6-7 years of full-time work experience in a highly analytical capacity
- Minimum of 5 years doing advanced quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Minimum of 3 years of SQL, Tableau (or similar BI tools) and Excel
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field.
- Graduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
- Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- eCommerce experience