Strategy Analyst-Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1778276
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted, effective and accountable -- and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it.
About the Role
We are seeking a Strategy Analyst to join the WMG in-house Strategy team and develop sharp, accurate and actionable understandings of our advertising competitors, partners and markets. At a high level, the responsibilities include delivering landscape insights, analyses, and scenarios to inform WMG’s most-important business decisions. The right candidate has proven skills in financial modeling and strategic assessment/diligence, along with the curiosity and critical thinking needed to identify important factors that may never fit on a spreadsheet.
This role reports to the VP of Strategy and is part of the team that covers Corporate Development (M&A), Partnerships, as well as overall strategy definition for Walmart Media Group. The work of the Strategy Analyst will be consumed by executive across functions – in Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Operations – so the right candidate must be comfortable working with senior stakeholders. Your goal is to use research and numbers to articulate market dynamics, identify growth opportunities and develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in our business.
- Develop strategic fact base to highlight trends; key competitors, partners and new entrants; compelling business models; disruptive/emerging technologies and translate these into insights and implications for Walmart
- Build complex financial models to drive business-case development. Triangulate multiple, sometimes incompatible data sets to produce sensible results that match publicly known data
- Stay current with and proactively research key competitors using internal and external resources, as well as both public and non-public information. Establish a strong network, including industry groups, analysts, clients and experts
- Understand our competitors’ and partners’ product roadmaps, business strategies, degree of success and areas of strength or weakness. Undertake specific research projects to build areas of expertise and share knowledge with team members
- Shape and support crafting the messaging of executive leadership content for high-profile meetings
- Support Corporate Development deals through various sales stages. Actively provide deal support in the form of diligence, modeling, analysis and content creation for M&A or Strategic Partnerships
- 3-5 years’ experience in business consulting, competitive intelligence, banking/finance, corporate strategy or operations management
- Knowledge of the digital advertising and retail landscape; 3+ years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Strong quantitative skills: demonstrated ability to develop complex financial models. A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics) is preferred. Experience with data visualizations is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative competitive research
- Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment, influence without authority, stand out as a successful, objective and strategic thought partner
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic