Production Lead, Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1773783
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Studio Production Lead is responsible for managing photo studio operations and production by coordinating studio floor resources (e.g. talent, freelance, staff) and activities (e.g. work flow, schedules, shot lists); collaborating with photographers, stylists, agencies and contractors to execute product photography; partnering with Merchandising and Item Set-Up teams to confirm photography requests and enforce sample receipt deadlines and acceptance criteria; maintaining studio prop and set inventory; negotiating and enforcing imagery Service Level Agreements (SLAs); vetting, selecting, and scheduling freelance photo crews; maintaining and ensuring use of style guides; and ensuring operational best practices are maintained. The ideal candidate will be able to build a high performing team and define best in studio operations. You will build strong partnerships with photo studio cross functional partners, retail, and technology, removing roadblocks for your team to ensure a flawless customer experience. Customer and fashion obsession is a must with a focus on consistently innovating and raising the bar on customer experience. The role will report to the Director of Fashion Photo Studio.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, and will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance, be skilled at anticipating problems, and managing a large team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a team of Merchandise Coordinators and Producers. Partners with cross-functional studio teams to ensure alignment of resources and capacity by planning, tracking, and communicating photo shoot scheduling and progress; identifying and resolving photo shoot issues; and notifying creative teams of photography completion. Continuously drives to reduce NATS (Not Available to Sell) inventory due to delays in item publication.
- Monitors and tracks studio production output by partnering with Item Set-Up and Imagery to forecast studio production capacity based on shot types and priorities; tracking and reporting on samples throughout the production lifecycle; providing reports of studio production performance to cross- functional stakeholders; and identifying production process improvements and recommending them to management.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open-Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in studio operations and a proven track record of leading and inspiring a team (preferably in an eCommerce fashion product photography setting)
- 8+ years of studio photography experience
- 6+ years of managing an e-commerce photo studio
- 4+ years of managing people in a studio setting
- Previous experience in a high-volume commercial fashion studio
- Experience creating/measuring productivity and other operational metrics
- Proven experience leveraging technology and process improvement methodology to drive continuous innovation and improvement on a large scale
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement concepts including lean, six sigma and/or 5S
- Working knowledge on all areas of Product Photography, Model and Still Life
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable with Canon photography equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals
- Communicates effectively in-person or by using telecommunications equipment
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer
- Visually verifies information, often in small print
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of.