Social Media Community Manager - Walmart US
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1772770
What you'll do at
Social Media Community Manager (Walmart US)
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 260 million customers and members visit our more than 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 sales of approximately $486 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide.
Our purpose of saving people money so they can live better is based on our core values and culture of service to the customer; respect for the individual; strive for excellence; and act with integrity. Our strategy to deliver on this commitment is founded on the objectives of making every day easier for busy families; changing how we work; delivering results and operating with discipline; and being the most trusted retailer. Our ultimate success depends on creating shared value for all stakeholders: customers, associates, communities and shareholders.
We are at a unique point in our company history and in the history of retail. We are changing our way of thinking and working as we develop a truly omnichannel customer experience and organization. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join us on that journey.
About the Social Media team
The Social Media marketing team is responsible for our national, social media brand presence (e.g., our @walmart handles). Our team’s mission is to help build and strengthen the Walmart brand through both compelling storytelling and authentic social interactions. Through our work, our team connects with consumers on an unprecedented scale. We’re looking for creative, forward thinking, and data-driven social media marketers to help shape social content and engagement for the world’s largest retailer at this pivotal moment in our company history.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced social media community manager possessing equal parts “Copy Writing for Social Brain” and "Celebrity/Influencer Engager Extraordinnaire"to join our team. In this role you will:
- Live inside the social media word of Walmart, engaging, retweeting, surprising and delighting celebrities and influencers with the support of several agencies and internal social and creative teams.
- Helping to define our social brand voice as part of our strategy to be legendary on social.
- Work closely with the brand social editorial team, to maintain the unified single view on our content and ensuring our content is timely, culturally relevant, on brand, and cohesive.
- Identify potential high-impact social posts/responses and ideate real-time engagement tactics on the fly. This includes writing attention-grabbing copy in our brand voice and tone.
- Actively search for engaging, elevated user generated content to re-post and circulate on our owned social channels.
- Intuitively adapt to the changing landscape of social platforms, and actively advise the team on how our responses and engagements should reflect these changes.
- Tackling other projects as needed by the team to keep us running a well-oiled social media machine.
- 2-4 years of experience managing day-to-day social media activities at a large-scale brand or agency is a must.
- Experience managing and leading projects.
- Demonstrated excellent social media judgement (e.g., knowing what to tweet and when to tweet it).
- Demonstrated knowledge with optimizing content on specific social media platforms to drive engagement.