Product Manager - Returns
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1766786
What you'll do at
About Jet & Walmart US eCommerce
Jet and Walmart are reshaping eCommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan) and San Bruno & Sunnyvale, CA, we are group of shopping sites on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet & Walmart US eCommerce, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world-class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet & Walmart US eCommerce, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple and blue.
About the Job
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a strong product manager to execute the product strategy, vision and roadmap for the Walmart.com customer returns experience and deliver omni-channel solutions that delight our customers and boost NPS.
This Product Manager will utilize data, analytics and voice of customer surveys to create returns product solutions for our customers while incorporating requirements from internal stakeholders (Logistics, Customer Care, Operations & Finance and Returns Experience). This leader will also lead the product effort for complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic return initiatives. To get an idea, you’ll lead product for the exciting self-serve returns initiative and coordinate across Walmart.com, Walmart Stores, Walmart Subsidiaries and Walmart Marketplace Sellers to create, implement and manage the product solutions for a world-class returns experience. As such, this leader will be able to identify key risks, dependencies, and work with the requisite teams to put solutions in place that will achieve the program outcomes.
This returns experience product manager will be skilled at engaging and communicating to senior leaders across multiple domains, as well as dive deep into details when needed to craft solutions. The breadth of engagement for this role functionally spans product management and engineering, strategy, supply chain, retail merchandising, marketing, customer and store operations & analytics.
This position reports to Group Product Manager for Returns Experience of Walmart U.S. eCommerce. Walmart U.S. eCommerce operates several consumer facing shopping experiences including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Modcloth, and Shoes.com.
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Execute the product strategy, vision and roadmap for the Walmart.com customer returns experience and deliver omni-channel solutions that boost NPS and CSAT.
- Deploy analytical methods, tools and resources to identify areas of opportunity for Walmart.com customer returns, including cost savings and customer experience.
- Drive transformational initiatives to achieve major financial goals or KPI’s.
- Manage applicable system solutions for returns and ensure end to end ownership of solutions by working with relevant cross-functional groups.
- Communicate project benefits and champion returns product design and experience throughout the organization.
- Partner with the product teams in retail and stores to incorporate feedback into product development and improvement.
- Develop thought leadership and help build a world-class Returns Experience
- Work cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business, logistics or engineering preferred. MBA from top business school preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, business consulting, supply chain or related field
- Product experience driving product vision and roadmap with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale.
- Knowledge of technical solutions used in e-commerce space and familiarity with system architecture, API’s and data science (including machine learning).
- Understanding of agile methodology, reverse logistics systems and customer care tools and interactions.
- Excellent people management and relationship building skills.
- Experience in an online marketplace.
- Uncompromising commitment to the customer.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to solve complex business problems and deploy innovative solutions
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with executive level business and technical partners
- Strong Excel and modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to champion product solutions throughout the organization
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Experience delivering results in a cross-functional organization
- Be the customer: You have a deep understanding of how to connect with and develop amazing experience for customers/partners
- Belief in our purpose of saving money so our customers can live better
- Belief in our culture to fulfill this purpose through our core values of service to the customer, striving for excellence, respect for the individual, and acting with integrity.
- Strong team player who is not afraid to challenge the status quo.