Product Manager - Returns
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1766786
What you'll do at
Product Managers at Walmart US Ecommerce are responsible for the product roadmap and drive the architecture for the next great e-commerce platform by combining their technical expertise with keen product vision. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about complex system interaction and software development process as well as communicating across business and engineering teams.
As the product leader for the Partner API, you will own the development and execution of the next generation of partner APIs - primary way that Walmart marketplace and drop ship vendors interact with the e-commerce platforms. You will work with engineering, product and support teams to assess opportunities within the current API program to build a best in class integration offering. You will also be responsible for ensuring new sellers/suppliers can integrate seamlessly and measure the performance of the API program through a established set of KPIs and build capabilities at a massive scale.
Retail Core Engine Challenges
- Influencing business and technical teams across multiple organizations to gain consensus on strategy and tactics for developing core retail systems.
- Working at scale for one of the world's largest retail companies and it's e-commerce brands.
- Bringing together e-commerce systems from different stacks/interfaces/engineering cultures and making them work seamlessly.
- Building high availability, low latency systems to serve customers across multiple independent online stores.
Are you right for us?
- You have a history of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering and business stakeholders alike.
- You have strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- You have a passion for and keen understanding of data analysis, classification, taxonomy and digital item management.
- You are able to identify external and internal customer needs and "bridge the divide" to develop technical product strategies, roadmaps and requirements that meet those practical needs.
- You are able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of our classification methodology to customers and stakeholders alike.
- You drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executives, business and engineering alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- 6 years of technical product management experience.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Must be comfortable working with APIs and related tools.
- Operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Champions company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Proven track record of delivering top notch products that meet market needs and delight users.
Manager's Preferred Qualifications ("nice to haves")
- 3 or more years experience in e-commerce, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Proficient in office productivity (Excel/PowerPoint) and project management (Jira/TFS) tools.
- Prior experience developing API products or ecosystems in eCommerce / Marketplace is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of a cloud technology stack.
- Prior experience working in developing complex solutions and deploying successfully.
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies- Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.