- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1764738
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About Jet’s Internal Engine:
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job:
Jet is seeking an Operations Manager for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Pedricktown, NJ. As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the Fulfillment Center. This position requires excellent communication skills, leadership, persistence, and the ability to motivate your team. You will be responsible for managing and developing supervisors and leading employees. You will oversee all recruiting, training, basic HR functions, production, tracking inventory, and communicating with HQ teams.
You will play a critical role in the management, control, and direction of either Outbound or Inbound area of Operations within our Fulfillment Center. The extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards within the area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead, motivate and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
- Hire, coach, mentor, and manage the performance of associates to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service, and productivity.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfillment centers, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
- Management of the timely data collection to update operations metrics on an hourly basis, in an inventory control and systems environment, to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and thus deliver excellent customer service.
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels to enable the Fulfillment Center and the broader Operations network to attain Jet’s Business Plan.
- Implement change and contribute to cross-functional, Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Jet Operations network.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better than ever.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years in FC Operations.
- Have experience in leading a large and diverse team of salaried managers.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar fast-paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing, or engineering environment.
- Strong experience with creating performance metrics and process improvements.
- Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement.
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyze data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment.
- Ideally, degree qualified in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA graduate.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Can work in an ambiguous environment, remove obstacles, and drive persistence and innovation.
- Acts as a mentor and coach to their team of salaried associates and focus on everyday development.
- Builds a sense of shared ownership and accountability.