Fall 2019 Full-time - Campus Category Specialist
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1764615
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started!
About the Role
As a Category Specialist, you will be the end-to-end owner of managing, optimizing, and scaling a category of products across our family of eCommerce brands. You will be at the center of Walmart’s eCommerce Retail organization, equipped with the technology, infrastructure, and comprehensive training to empower you to grow our business from day one.
We’re hiring from coast to coast – join us in the San Francisco Bay area, New York Metro area, Boston Metro area, Omaha Metro area or Detroit Metro area
What You’ll Do
Learn to Run an eCommerce Business from Day One
- Be trained in all required skills, tools and systems to own your category through our immersive 12-week training program
- Be mentored by experienced leaders and industry experts who will advise and help you succeed
- Be part of a cohort: join a group of best-in-class peers growing and learning alongside you.
Grow Your Category and Deliver an Incredible Shopping Experience
- Have It: Provide the best assortment of products for our customers. Manage and monitor onboarding and item set up process to make sure products are available and ready to sell.
- Find It: Ensure customers can easily browse and find the products they want. Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing and enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
- Display It: Attract customers through compelling messaging and visual merchandising. Manage item and category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content.
- Price It: Optimize item and category pricing, providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors.
- Deliver It: Work cross-functionally to ensure customers receive their products quickly and efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping and the physical product.
- Optimize It: Rinse and repeat. Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
How You’ll Work
- You own it: Category Specialist are the business owners for a product category. Your job is to blend art with science, combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, and passion for helping our customers to create the best shopping experience.
- You drive it: World-class interpersonal and persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors and coordinating cross-functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer and work backwards, decoding their needs and journeys.
- You lead it: Have an idea? Go for it. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help test and validate your ideas.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business and polish the customer experience
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information and experiences and applying them
- Previous internship or work experience is preferred
Travel as needed. Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.