Email Marketing Developer and Production Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1762411
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The email marketing developer and production specialist will drive the technical implementation and execution of CRM email and push marketing strategies for one or more of the sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands.
Specifically, this person will own the development and testing of HTML/CSS for email and push marketing campaigns in an exciting, fast-paced online retail environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated and quantitative-minded individual to find innovative ways to engage customers in relevant and meaningful ways throughout the customer lifecycle. You are driven by data and passionate about creating customers for life at scale across our target customer segments.
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop, test and optimize the email template library to utilize innovative email technologies and coding best practices, and to drive higher engagement
- Own production of HTML/CSS blast campaigns and triggered customer journey emails, as well as deployment of sends and management of flows inside ESPs
- Transform PSD email designs into “mobile first” responsive-coded HTML templates, manage quality assurance process, handle change requests, and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple mobile and desktop devices
- Provide expertise on new ways to build dynamic personalization and take advantage of opportunities to drive higher customer lifetime value and rapid growth
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions towards the improvement of the internal email process and program
- Interpret email and push campaign results while looking for opportunities to test and optimize leveraging Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics and other tools
- Effectively communicate email and push marketing performance and test learnings to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- 2-4 years of experience in high volume email production/development for an ecommerce company, retail experience a plus
- Expert with converting Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other design and wireframe tools into innovative mobile responsive HTML/CSS email templates
- Ability to create, resize, and optimize images and graphics for optimal email rendering and delivery
- Ability to troubleshoot across specific and multiple devices, mobile clients, device and web browsers.
- Proficient in basic and advanced email marketing and automation principles and best practices, the regulatory environment such as sender score and reputation, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM
- Hands-on experience with ESP, Oracle Responsys or Selligent a plus
- Familiarity with principles of database marketing segmentation
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decisions, and measure outcomes
- Mobile-first mindset, acquiring and engaging customers wherever they interact with our brands
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Experience with AMPscript
- Experience in a high-growth retail eCommerce environment
- Experience with mobile + push marketing