Advanced Analytics Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1755925
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the job
The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for ownership of enterprise level analysis and projects. They should have a strong understanding of how to construct analyses, statistical inference, and data cleaning/ETL. They will be creating highly impactful solutions and strategies to complex problems alongside a talented team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Must be able to influence key stake holders in cross functional teams and think beyond the scope of current capabilities, restraints or methodologies. This individual has the ability conceptualize and articulate the value of projects and initiatives for both the customer and the organization.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- Working with stakeholders to identify problems within the business that can be solved.
- Applying advanced analytics and modeling to real-world problems
- Delivering actionable insights and recommendations in such areas of the business as profitability, assortment optimization, pricing, supply chain, marketing, customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Powering our decisions with massive sets of internal and third-party data
- Ensuring senior leaders understand the direction we need to go and empowering their teams to use this information tactically
- Understanding the value of any item in the market to Walmart, Jet, or any of our respective sites.
- Design workflows and tools that enhance the strategic initiatives of retail teams as it relates to assortment performance. Continually optimize data inputs and user interface design.
- Create executive level analysis and UI for business performance insight and call to action.
- Build ad hoc analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions.
- Lead efforts to understand opportunities that exist across the various methods in which Walmart can sell merchandise with the goal of exceeding internally established key performance metric goals.
- Create strategy, tactics, and tools for retail teams to optimize inventory investment productivity across the organization.
- Create and maintain knowledge centers for best practices relating to assortment management.
- Develop and maintain BI reports in Tableau, ThoughtSpot, and Looker for retail team.
- Document business and functional requirements, including data flow in MS Visio/Excel, business rules, and use cases/stories.
- Utilize company’s data systems (MS SQL and Teradata) to analyze data to support or refute assumptions and answer questions for new requirements or ongoing support purpose.
- Establish metrics and reporting to optimize internal team workflows.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you like distilling the signal from the noise, and helping others do the same
- If connecting the dots between high level strategy and tactical actions infects you
- If you want to lead projects and initiatives with creativity, enthusiasm and persistence
- If you like to continue to learn new tools and technologies
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change
- If helping implement your insights are as exciting as generating them
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Experience quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Proficient in SQL, R or Python, Excel
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
Bonus points for experience with
- Streaming products like Kafka, Spark
- R Shiny Applications and Plumber API
- Masters Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science or Computer Science
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Consulting or Agency Experience
- eCommerce experience