Administrative Assistant to VP, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1748837
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. Did you know that 8 out of 10 people shop at Walmart every year? This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that’s poised to have big impact. Anchored by the world’s largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Administrative Assistant to support Walmart Media Groups leadership team and owning team culture initiatives. The AA will assist our team in organizing their calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, booking travel, and supporting the general needs of the executive team. The ideal candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
• Manage VP’s calendars, plan and schedule internal and external meetings accordingly while anticipating conflicts and solving scheduling issues.
• Maintain VP’s workflow, and keep track of schedules, deadlines, and logistics.
• Correspond / coordinate with high-profile contacts and company executives.
• Arrange domestic and international travel with ability to execute last minute changes; including developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging, solving travel issues, and coordinating onsite and offsite accommodations.
• Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
• Manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
What We Can Offer You:
• A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team who care most about getting stuff done.
• High level of responsibilities from the day one.
• Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.
• 5-8 years of administrative or relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment
• 2 plus years’ experience supporting an executive (VP or above)
• Strong proficiency with MS Outlook and Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
• Ability to learn quickly and using systems and tools/technology
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a flexible demeanor and ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and demanding environment.
• Critical thinking skills, with the ability to make independent decisions quickly.
Highly organized with an attention to detail and an incredible work ethic, including exercising discretion around confidential information.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
• Always willing to 'roll up the sleeves' and do what it takes to get the job done.
• Project management skills with a high level of initiative and judgment.