Associate Director, Brand and Media Operations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1747415
What you'll do at
Associate Director, Brand and Media Operations
The US Marketing team goal is to create demand for Walmart and inspire re-appraisal, engagement and loyalty amongst existing and potential customers. We do this by developing and executing innovative marketing, communication, partnership, and experiential programs that can breakthrough in the marketplace and create consumer action Within the marketing organization, the US Brand Marketing & Media (UBMM) team is responsible for the creation of unparalleled partnerships, experiences, advertising, content, media and communications for Walmart.
The Associate Director of Brand and Media Operations will help lead strategic and operational initiatives, business, planning and analytical, financials, communications and assist in day-to-day team management operations for the group. We are looking for a dynamic contributor and collaborator, who will primarily be responsible for supporting the SVP of US Brand Marketing & Media. This role will be a member of the UBMM leadership team.
The Associate Director is responsible for a broad range of activities to ensure the business objectives of the team are attained. He / She is crucial member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that thrives in a busy and challenging environment - they will work closely with leaders across the organization as well as Marketing, Operations, Business and Merchant partners. This individual will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment, delivering strong thought leadership and strategic thinking. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is not only passionate about the Walmart Brand, but seeks to gain deep knowledge of the broader Walmart marketing organization, communications and new types of engagement techniques, as well as gain exposure to and insight from senior leadership.
Interest in the subject of marketing communications, media, experiences or sponsorships is a pre-requisite. The ideal candidate is highly organized, proactive, tenacious, and not afraid of the detail – they must have a demonstrated ability in influencing, great collaborative mindset, and strong leadership above band level. We are looking for a strong relationship builder that has great commitment and energy to support broader team dynamics, engagement and unity.
- Support SVP with overall planning, management and strategy development for the department including enhancing organizational performance and employee engagement
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
- Provide thought leadership on organizational effectiveness, goals and strategies.
- Help manage team meetings, including designing and coordinating content and agendas for leadership meetings and larger team meetings for the organization.
- Create executive level presentations for both internal and external audiences, as well as help coordinate updates to CMO and Sr. level business partners.
- Assist in business planning, organizational planning and day to day operational processes for the department, including scorecards, measurement, employee on/off-boarding, schedules, templates, meetings, market visits and offsites
- Owning some key programs and processes (e.g. budget oversight and tracking)
- Partner and maintain strong, positive relationships within Walmart across markets and at all levels in the organization.
- Coordinate with other Walmart organizations and external entities as required to address deliverables.
- This individual must be comfortable with having a very “hands on” role managing a significant amount of tactical work
- This individual must take responsibility for providing proactive support to the SVP and his Leadership Team on ad hoc projects
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional strategic story-telling skills through written presentations.
- Ability to work well with senior leaders and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Strong interpersonal skills and superb relationship skills with a track record of driving change without having direct authority.
- Proven ability to lead through change and effectively function and prioritize in a dynamic environment in order to address urgent, ad hoc projects that arise while balancing other priorities.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to operate on multiple fronts simultaneously, with excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Team player, comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills (with ability to understanding drivers and impacts), as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Experience working in a large/matrixed environment
- Executive level deck development / strong PPT experience
- 7 years of Experience in some of the relevant areas of: Brand, Marketing or People Leadership / Management