Category Manager, Automotive
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Enthusiast and Professional
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1746493
What you'll do at
About the role
The Category Manager for Automotive will be responsible for all category financial and operational goals, the measuring of key performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships to drive category growth in the Tires & Wheels Category. Additional responsibilities will also include strategic planning, managing a large team and optimizing the Tires & Wheels assortment to enhance the Walmart.com shopping experience.
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, stores, and technical teams.
Ideal candidate will possess strong project management experience and should also understand the importance of working cross functional teams both internally and externally.
- This is an ideal leadership role for a candidate who enjoys the the challenge of building and managing a business with significant financial growth
- Own and drive Strategic Category Plans with all financial and performance targets
- Continuously monitor all category sales channels for effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and program manage critical brand manufacturers and suppliers
- Partner with business development and analytic teams to understand category assortment gaps and needs
- Collaborate with technology, product and, marketing teams to ensure visibility of category assortment
- Secures alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience in a category manager, site merchandising, or planning role
- 3 years experience in a leadership role, managing people
- Previous retail or eCommerce experience
- Automotive enthusiast or Industry knowledge highly desired
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.