Senior Director, US Media
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1745239
What you'll do at
Senior Director, US Media
The US Marketing team goal is to create demand for Walmart and inspire re-appraisal, engagement and loyalty amongst existing and potential customers. We do this by developing and executing innovative marketing, communication, partnership, and experiential programs that can breakthrough in the marketplace and create consumer action Within the marketing organization, the US Media team focuses on developing innovative media programs across the US; creating breakthrough and memorable impressions, engagement programs and media experiences.
The primary accountability for this role is to lead the Media team and provide the strategic marketing direction and oversight for US based media and communication planning, buying, partnerships, negotiations and placements that ensure all marketing strategies are achieved while delivering maximum return on investment for Walmart. This executive will oversee several key components of the marketing engine with a goal of driving impact, innovation and greater agility, better coordination and integration, as well as continuing to optimize both the brand’s/business messaging platforms and media mix through harnessing consumer insight and deeper analytics. This position needs to remain on the cutting edge of understanding, knowledge and application regarding emerging media channels (mobile, social, digital, etc) and new ways of communicating and engaging consumers.. This position has a high level of interface with internal teams and requires excellent collaboration with internal stakeholders, agency and media partners.
Specific accountabilities would include:
- Lead and manage the Company’s media and communication planning and buying. Craft the next level of integrated media and marketing strategies and create a plan and vision that can lead to significant impact, innovation and industry acclaim for the brand and business.
- Specifically, lead communications planning and media buying strategy across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, online, social, and mobile media
- Management of media agency partner teams to ensure that strategies and plans deliver against business objectives and create impact in the marketplace
- Manage and oversee the US media brand and business budgets, including all operational, fiscal and investment ROI and evaluation responsibilities
- Heavy collaboration and coordination with creative, experience, partner, social, performance, insights, data and analytic teams
- Coordinate/partner with internal and external stakeholders to author and present best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines
- Help create a pipeline of new ideas and methods of marketing including “test and learn” plans and analyze relative ROI possibilities
- Create an environment of collaboration, teamwork, learning and sharing that can help drive associate
Required Skills and background:
- Media and Communications executive with 15+ years of deep functional leadership experience in relevant media areas and integrated marketing communications
- Thorough knowledge of media planning and buying concepts and processes, as well as a complete understanding of the role of media and assets in the overall consumer communications process
- Experience in having demonstrated a propensity to challenge organizations to accelerate investment in both new and traditional pioneering media properties and programs
- Good understand of performance digital marketing and full funnel execution. Additionally, understanding of programmatic buying and media technology planning and buying platforms
- Successful candidate will need to have the gravitas to both “sit at the table” and lead the dialogue and negotiations with the heads of media properties
- He/she will have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and must be results/metrics-driven.
- He/she will possess excellent leadership skills, strong analytical, critical thinking skills and strategic agility, and must be able to work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with key business partners, internal and external
- He/she will be considered a business expert who can successfully conceptualize, plan, organize, develop, implement, and manage areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and marketing development, planning for big consumer brands.
- He/she will be a proven people leader with experience at managing external agency partners