Senior Back End Engineer
- Location OMAHA, NE
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1743782
What you'll do at
Senior Back End Engineer
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
We are looking for a Senior Back End Engineer to work on Hayneedle.com's consumer-facing website. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of passion, culture evangelism, and technical expertise.
This role will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
What You'll Do
Our ideal applicant will participate in the design, development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of various REST APIs and aggregate GraphQL services supporting backend tools, frontend websites and iOS applications in an Agile environment. You will also work on backend processing such as data transformations, inbound and outbound feeds and integrations with third party systems. Work within an OKR based zone team collaborating with other software engineers, automation engineers, product managers and DevOps engineers to drive the main features and functionality of our Hayneedle.com website.
- Design and implementation of RESTful microservice APIs for use by both internal and external developers
- Design and implementation of GraphQL aggregation services
- Design and implement data transformation processes to prepare data for use by the API
- Integrating with numerous third-party systems including services, feed creation and feed ingestion
- Follow existing standards and conventions of our API platform and help drive future conventions
- Provide production support, including on-call support as required
- Participate in an ORK goal based agile team
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, innovations, etc.
- Proactively build your own skill set.
- College graduate with a BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Five years of professional experience in Core Java required, preferably with Java 8+
- Experience producing and consuming RESTful services
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and envision/design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Experience with versioning tools like Git or SVN
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience with Spring Batch
- Experience with Java-build tools (Maven, Git, Maven, IntelliJ and Jira)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- Experience with frameworks for documenting APIs (Swagger, IO Docs)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience in cloud systems (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in the ecommerce industry a plus