Planning Manager, Electronics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1743608
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies.
- Develops inventory projects and buying strategies for the category.
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met.
- Provides input on key metrics for own category team.
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Manages and executes category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings, processes and decision making for a category.
- Reviews forecast plans.
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue).
- Manages placement of orders
- Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decision
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Have performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planners.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.