Director of Business Operations - Baby
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1737351
What you'll do at
The Baby team is working at the heart of the Walmart Ecommerce mission; to save busy families money and time. As part of this team, you will have direct responsibility for the customer experience on baby products and essentials that America’s families buy every day – from diapers and baby formula to cribs and car seats, and more.
As the Director of Operations for the Baby Division, you will report directly to the category GM and will partner with leaders across the organization to develop and implement ambitious business objectives. You will play a key leadership role in facilitating and managing the execution of strategic plans, ensuring the organization achieves financial targets while delivering innovative solutions for our customers.
What you’ll be working on
You will partner directly with the GM on strategic projects across Walmart Baby eCommerce. You will identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting operational recommendations. You will develop straightforward analytical frameworks/models for assessing outcomes of strategic initiatives (e.g., impact on ROI/customer growth, conversion rates, profitability). You will lead the communication and implementation of multiple high priority projects and initiatives across the Baby team
You will also be responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that your assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart US eCommerce. Your team of 2 direct reports will include Merchandise Planners and Analysts. You will also guide the work of the Baby Site Merchandising Team and Baby Retail Analytics Baby team member.
You will play a key role in bringing together teams including buying & merchandising, marketing and supply chain. Additionally, you will partner with the Walmart Stores’ Director of Merchandise Operations to ensure omni-alignment for all initiatives as well as day-to-day business functions.
- Drive Cross Category Initiatives, Promotions, and Brand Launches Manage Baby business to hit key CVI metrics; Have It and Price it.
- Guide Omni Pricing Strategy and Execution. Maintain omni-pricing guidelines and identify opportunities for Baby Categories to improve CVI metrics.
- Ensure Baby participation in Cross-Site initiatives
- Lead Cross Category analysis and ad-hoc strategy projects to support GM
- Lead CS onboarding for Baby team
Managing Merchandise Planning & Forecasting
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise managing the merchandise planning associates and partnering with replenishment teams. Apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manage Merchandise planner and provide guidance to maintain and execute financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for category.
- Manage Merchandise Planner to drive seasonal buy process across the category.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Replenishment team to Analyze financial performance and provide recommended actions to Retail (merchandising, buying) and Marketing teams to drive decision making and develop and execute strategies for category optimization
- Evaluate category inventory and identify, propose and help execute optimization strategies to improve inventory efficiency and category financials
Analysis & Strategy
- Identify business improvement opportunities for the Baby categories, including both customer facing initiatives as well as internal business solutions
- Guide team to research and mine data, perform complex analysis, and apply strategic thinking to support decisions, to clearly articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business
- Manage and champion business improvement initiatives for the Baby team
- Demonstrate excellent communication and project management skills
You’re a risk taker with an entrepreneurial spirit. You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You know how to leverage past successes but can also move beyond cookie cutter templates to build innovative tools and solutions. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in retail/ecommerce organization or a field that demonstrates high aptitude for analytics and communications, planning, buying, or replenishment.
- 3 years’ supervisory experience or experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 3 years’ experience in Walmart E-Commerce, Merchandising or Operations preferred
- Strong problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills, with the ability communicate both action plans to teams and cross functional partners as well as high-level insights to management teams.
- Strong customer service focus and team collaboration skills.
- Customer/Member Centered: Promote a Customer/Member-Focused Environment - Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences. Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs. Develops and implements initiatives, practices, and plans to capitalize on customer/member-focused growth and improvement opportunities. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer/member value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Optimize Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Creates an environment where associates are held accountable for achieving goals and results. Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results. Makes sure desired change initiatives and priorities are implemented appropriately.
- Planning and Improvement: Advocate Planning and Continuous Improvement - Sets and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and ensures leaders in own organization do the same. Develops and implements plans and practices to ensure others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed. Develops and upgrades work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies, where appropriate. Sponsors continuous improvement and elimination of non-value-added work. Embraces, values, and implements diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Influence and Communicate: Inspire Commitment - Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives. Builds diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities. Ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Listens to, leverages, and promotes the diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions of others across the business.
- Ethics and Compliance: Promote Ethics and Compliance - Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and takes action to enhance compliance. Ensures associates receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices).
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started!