Senior Manager, Product Marketing - Walmart.com
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1737341
What you'll do at
Senior Manager - Product Marketing Management Vertical initiatives at Walmart
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started.
About the Product Marketing organization at Walmart
We Are The Voice Of The Customer To Product And The Voice Of Product To The Customer
We enable the adoption of digital tools, services and experiences that provide Time Starved Busy Families (TSBF) with the fastest, easiest, and most convenient shopping experience, in store and online
We generate value to our customer, by deeply understanding and anticipating her needs and pain-points, ensuring the products, services and experiences developed by Walmart address them, and enabling her to incorporate them into her shopping routine
We bring value to Walmart by helping connect customers with the product, feature or experience that will be most helpful for them in that moment, which ultimately result in customers who shop across channels and categories seamlessly.
About the Job
As the Senior Manager of Product Marketing Management supporting Vertical Initiatives, you will be part of the PMM team, which is in charge of adoption and stickiness of online and in-store features, services and experiences that are directly linked to one of our verticals: Home, Fashion, Consumables, Durables and Entertainment. You will report to the Associate Director of Product Marketing Management and your goals will be increased product adoption and stickiness, with the ultimate objective of increasing CLTV marketing efficiency.
In this highly cross-functional team, you will be a strategic partner to the Category Marketing and Product Management teams, providing key customer insights, being the “voice of the customer” during the development process, and owning the go-to-market and growth strategy for breakthrough products and experiences.
In 2019 you will focus on the new Walmart Baby Registry and the many exciting channels that support it! This is a highly visible and strategic product at Walmart Ecommerce.
- Drive marketing channel strategy for the product in order to acquire new and increase LTV of existing customers by working cross functionally with marketing channels, creative, the business, analytics, research and the product team to create a cohesive channel roadmap
- Ideate on net new channels and tactics to optimize budget and move the needle on key KPIs (the sky is the limit!)
- Work in partnership with channel and category marketers to plan, develop and execute tactics to showcase new digital products and features and ultimately drive acquisition and LTV in the following channels: Social, Affiliate, OOH, SEO/SEM, In-store, Direct Mail, Email, SMS, Push Notification, Partnership Perks, PR, Customer Care and Site/App
- Create and lead creative briefing and check-ins for each channel ensuring that the voice of the customer and the product research is considered at every checkpoint
- Craft a consistent and compelling narrative across channels, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Anticipate new trigger, segmentation and tracking needs for each channel and work with Product Mgmt. and Engineering teams to get them setup and optimized
- Manage marketing channel timelines and work cross-functionally with stakeholders to prioritize asks
- Perform regular competitive analysis and customer research to understand competitive channel tactics and key customer segments in order to define and optimize launch and optimization opportunities
- Define channel and tactic test criteria in partnership with analytics and continue to optimize channels
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage and retention across customer segments
- Ensure we are driving towards strategic KPIs and work with the product and analytics team to tag all events are tagged for marketing performance tracking purposes
- Perform cohort analysis on an ongoing basis
- Report on and socialize marketing channel performance on a bi-weekly basis
- 6+ years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce marketing, with a strong preference for Product Marketing
- Experience in both direct response and brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships
- Experience launching products through Email, Affiliate, Social Channels, Search Channels, OOH and offline channels
- Has managed or been key player in team managing marketing channel budget
- Proven experience working with and influencing cross-functional stakeholders
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Well-versed in project/process management with the ability to effectively prioritize
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
- You are both a marketer and technologist. You love customers and making sure their needs are built into experiences. You love technology and how retailers can enhance customers’ lives and save them money and time.
- You have a proven track record of bringing impactful products and experiences to market, delivering on growth and adoption targets.
- You have a bias for action. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision.
- You thrive on understanding what makes people tick. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability in ecommerce. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation.
- You love data. You could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them).
- You are curious and ambitious. You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate.
- You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut.
- You’re customer obsessed.