Sample Management Lead - Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1729770
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
The Sample Management Lead is responsible for overseeing the sample management function within the Fashion organization for both physical and digital assets supplied by vendors. In this role you will be responsible for flow and tracking of samples through internal photography and post-production processes; securing sample storage and staging areas; and partnering with Merchandising and Item Set-Up teams to forecast volume of incoming samples. You will also responsible for overseeing Imagery Pipeline Specialists interfacing with vendors for vendor supplied images (VSI). The ideal candidate will be able to build a high performing team and define best in class sample management processes. You will build strong partnerships with photo studio cross functional partners, retail, and technology, removing roadblocks for your team to ensure a flawless customer experience. Customer and fashion obsession are a must, with a focus on consistently innovating and raising the bar on customer experience. The role will report to the Director of Fashion Photo Studio
The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, and will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance, be skilled at anticipating problems, and managing a large team.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Monitor projected workload and throughput by category of business and type of sample on a weekly basis and adjusts staffing plans accordingly. Responsible for documenting and communicating all adjustments to other functions in the asset creation and item set up workflows
- Provide support for Production Manager/Merchandise Coordinators, stylists and other photo studio crew members by assisting with sample preparation (for example, product packing and unpacking, assembly, processing soft goods)
- Provide support for the production of photo shoots by adhering to imagery Service Level Agreements (SLAs); maintaining sample receipt deadlines, acceptance criteria, and integrity; and collaborating with photographers, stylists, and the Photo Operations Team to maintain and improve photo production efficiency with a focus on reducing Not Available to Sell (NATS) inventory
- Provide and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience in photo studio management or operations, or related field
- 6+ years in a high-volume digital fashion photo studio
- 4+ years of managing people in a studio setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- 2+ years’ experience managing vendor contracts and/or relationships
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of.