Product Copy Lead - Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1729725
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
Ideal candidate will be able to build a high performing copy team and define best in class product copy strategies, focused on elevating the experience and driving SEO. This position is responsible for developing and executing elevated fashion copy standards for product copy for Walmart.com and Jet.com. You will build strong partnerships with photo studio cross functional partners, retail, and technology, removing roadblocks for your team to ensure a flawless customer experience. Customer and fashion obsession are a must with a focus on consistently innovating and raising the bar on customer experience. This position will be responsible for managing the overall product copy process including: writing and editing product copy, overseeing copy workflow, leading a team of copywriters and optimizing processes to improve productivity. The role will report to the Director of Fashion Photo Studio.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, and will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance, be skilled at anticipating problems, and managing a large team.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Manage the Product Copy team responsible for all fashion product copy; support writing and editing copy as needed
- Drive copy standard guidelines leveraging industry best practices, develop SEO strategy and ensure team executes consistently
- Stay up to date on SEO best practices and continuously elevate internal and external copy standards to develop winning SEO strategies across all devices
- Set productivity targets and monitor productivity driven key performance indicators and service level agreements for your team of writers
- Own final review for all product copy (including vendor provided) prior to publication
- Identify key performance indicators to be implemented to measure copy success; use these KPI to improve copy effectiveness and the consumer experience
- Continuously improve productivity and processes and keep product copy standards up to date and well-documented, ensuring they are communicated proactively to full-time staff and contractors
- Oversee the development training materials and guides as needed including thoroughly documenting all processes and procedures
- Define enhancements to current systems and partner with cross functional teams to implement
- Develop and retain high-caliber teams by assessing current and future needs, and developing an organizational model that scales with the needs of the business
- Partner cross functionally to ensure processes and roles and responsibilities are well defined and actionable
- Create and maintain a strong culture of customer obsession and innovation within the team
- Conduct on-going competitive analysis to ensure best in class experience
- Must be willing to be “hands on” to solve problems
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- BA/BS degree in related subject (Communication, Marketing, Creative Writing, Journalism, English) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of digital/eCommerce copy writing experience
- 4+ years in fashion eCommerce
- 4+ years managing a team
- Comprehensive and current understanding of SEO best practices, keyword research, and content optimization for SEO
- Proficient in in eCommerce CMS tools and Microsoft Office
- Forward thinker who is quick to learn and adapt to emerging digital trends
- Exceptional communication skills and excellent written English including spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading and editing
- Detail-oriented and meticulous approach to work and an obsessive eye for detail
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and multitasking many projects simultaneously
- A proactive attitude with a positive outlook with an eye toward increasing efficiency
- Able to embrace collaboration, change and creativity
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Operates effectively in a highly matrixed environment with competing priorities
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of.