Manager, B2B Media Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1728859
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for a seasoned media strategist with experience planning and buying across all channels – from display, print, OOO and TV to video, mobile, email and social channels. You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Media Group’s value proposition.
In this role, you will own the strategy through execution for all Walmart Media Group media buying activities in support of key external touchpoints. This includes initiatives spanning from brand and product launches to agency tours, brand summits and conference participation. You’ll partner with creative, sales and brand to develop content and positioning that aligns to the overall Walmart Media Group market positioning. You will also be responsible for ensuring all executive stakeholders are aligned and aware of ‘always on’ plans and major pushes.
Overall, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Lead media planning and buying across all channels, owning planning through execution. Always be in development and testing new channels.
- Research and recommend media planning tools such as Nielsen, ComScore, eMarketer, Prisma, DoubleClick, and Forrester for application/analysis into competitive landscape, target digital consumption support, plan development, and reporting.
- Monitor competitive activity, industry trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Develop and present media specific documents such as RFPs, media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related functions
- Lead creative ideation, from concept to execution. Partner cross-functionally to ensure all deliverables are on brand and solving for the business objective.
- Create campaign post launch information such as screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of placement for clients
- Manage day-to-day communication with key partners: Vendors, Partner Agencies and in-house creative teams.
- Own campaign readouts with the ability to distill and curate insights and findings.
- Work with LDR to qualify leads and track activity via Salesforce.
- Someone who can play at both a strategic and tactical level with deep experience in demand generation and event management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 5-7 years’ experience in media planning and buying
- Supported and driven media strategy for a B2B or advertising related business