Director Site Merchandising, Curation & Planning Home Improvement
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Enthusiast and Professional
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1716901
What you'll do at
What you'll do
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
The Home Improvement team is looking for a Director of E-commerce Site Merchandising and Planning to help drive online merchandising strategies leveraging web analytics and to improve the overall customer experience. The ideal candidate will possess 6+ years of e-commerce experience in a data driven culture and demonstrated experience managing a team.
This role will report to the GM/VP of Home Improvement and will be based at at Walmart e-commerce HQ in San Bruno, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The Director of E-commerce Site Merchandising and Planning will lead a team focused on managing our budget/financial targets, delivering and executing actionable insights, analyses and recommendations that inform day to day business and long-term strategy. This position is responsible for:
- Creation of our financial plans at multiple levels and monitoring we are delivering our financial targets. This will require close collaboration with category merchandising.
- Close collaboration with planning and supply chain to ensure healthy inventory position and ordering of products customers want.
- Creating a vision and plan take the Home Improvement site experience to the next level (navigation, search, inspiration and curation) and offer a best-in-class customer experience
- Build, oversee and drive storytelling strategy, incorporating business priorities and trends to create market-leading content that drives repeat visits and increased engagement
- Achieving topline and bottom line sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives
- Improving processes related to usage of site metrics, curation, content integration, site merchandising and onsite personalization.
- Manage, mentor and develop team for future growth within the department and organization
- Continue to review organizational structure to ensure accurate headcount to facilitate the continuing growth of the business
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation, search, customer experience, and driving roadmap priorities to incorporate into the business
- Identify, recommend and implement strategies that improve visitor engagement and conversion
- Improve customer experience ratings, conversion metrics and profit
- Partner with other Marketing leaders to improve customer acquisition and retention rates
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in e-commerce in a data driven environment
- 4 years of demonstrated experience managing a team
- Proficiency in e-commerce platforms, planning and/or site analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst), and familiarity with content management tools
- Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed during peak season
- Demonstrate understanding of retail e-commerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality
- Utilize strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to be action and detail oriented, organized with ability to manage teams to execute within deadlines
- Demonstrate strong resource workload and capacity management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple resources, priorities and a large volume of business
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with cross functional resources
- Analyze and react to quality and performance metrics to drive quality and efficiencies within the team
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong decision making skills
- Work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Cultivates an environment that is safe, innovative and positive. Create an energetic and high performing culture.
- Lead a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Be assertive, adaptable and demonstrate initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a creative mindset
- Successfully manage outside vendor relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize our in-house analysis tools
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business