Category Manager, Automotive
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Enthusiast and Professional
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1714485
What you'll do at
Walmart.com eCommerce is one of Walmart’s fastest growing and dynamic businesses committed to constantly meeting the assortment needs of customers. The online Automotive Parts & Accessories team is looking for an leader who can collaborate, and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate innovative thinking, learn and use the latest tools and technology – and above all else, think every day about how to best service the needs of our customers online.
The Senior Category Manager for Automotive will be responsible for all category financial and operational goals, the measuring of key performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships to drive category growth in the Replacement Parts & Accessories Category. Additional responsibilities will also include strategic planning, managing a large team and optimizing the replacement parts & accessories assortment to enhance the Walmart.com shopping experience.
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams.
Ideal candidate will possess strong project management experience and should also understand the importance of working cross functional teams both internally and externally.
- This is an ideal role for a candidate who enjoys building and managing a business with significant financial growth
- Own and drive Strategic Category Plans with annual GMV targets
- Continuously monitor all category sales channels for effectiveness and efficiency
- Partner with business development and analytic teams to understand category assortment gaps and needs
- Collaborate with technology, product and, marketing teams to ensure visibility of category assortment
- Secures alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience in a category manager, site merchandising, or planning role
- 3 years experience in a leadership role, managing people
- Previous retail or eCommerce experience a plus
- Automotive enthusiast or Industry knowledge highly desired