Category Specialist, Home Improvement Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Enthusiast and Professional
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1713108
What you'll do at
Marketplace is one of Walmart.com’s fastest growing and dynamic businesses committed to constantly meeting the assortment needs of customers. The Walmart.com Home Improvement Marketplace team is looking for high performing individuals who can lead, collaborate, and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, learn and use the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale – and above all else, think every day about how best to meet the needs of our customers.
The Category Specialist Lead role requires the skill set of category management, thinking holistically across all e-commerce levers including marketing, merchandising and technology, to scale 3rd party Home Improvement sellers on Walmart.com. The Category Specialist Lead will be responsible for managing sellers’ financial and operational goals, measuring performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships. Responsibilities will also include getting new sellers on the platform, optimization of assortment to improve marketplace growth, while enhancing the customer’s experience.
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams. Candidates should also understand how to use technology to help drive future enhancements and define requirements for the technology platform to meet business needs. This is an ideal role for a candidate who loves partner management and is interested in driving significant financial growth.
- Own and drive Home Improvement Marketplace annual GMV plan
- Create and manage annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs) for specific categories
- Continuously monitor seller and category performance. Provide internal performance reporting and host regular external partner meetings to effectively communicate seller performance and pivots
- Partner with Home Improvement category leads to understand assortment needs, get new sellers on the site and grow assortment of existing sellers.
- Actively work with sellers to improve customer experience of their items sold on Walmart
- Partner with technical support team to resolve any account technical issues
- Align with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Train Category Specialists on how to manage Marketplace business
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- 4-7 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Must be able to travel to for partner visits and tradeshows as necessary
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level within Wal-Mart and partner organizations; cooperative working style
- Strong ecommerce knowledge base
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual team
- Good project management skills
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude - Self Starter