Director, Product Management - Art.com / Walmart.com Home
- Location EMERYVILLE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1712444
What you'll do at
Art.com/Walmart is seeking a Director of Product and UX to define the future of art buying online and on mobile across Art.com and Walmart.com properties. As a driving force within the Art.com leadership team, you will define product strategy and user experience to excite customers with a unique, fun and rewarding shopping experience. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for the customer and able to create an excellent customer experience using lean startup techniques that rely on data driven decisions. This role will report to the President of Art.com and may be based in Emeryville or San Bruno, California.
Who will love this job:
- A customer-obsession - You bring customer focus to everything you do and inspire others to do the same
- A self-starter - You are ambitious and resourceful, able to move forward effectively with little direction
- An operator - You get stuff done, have a desire to make operations run more efficiently and have a sense of urgency around action, accuracy and feedback.
- A problem solver - You see “yes” as the answer and are creative about breaking down barriers.
- A confident leader - You are assertive and can motivate associates across functions
- An effective communicator - You disseminate information clearly to audiences of all backgrounds and levels
What you’ll do:
- Be the product business owner and voice of the customer.
- Develop, design, and implement product strategy to align with business goals.
- Attract, retain and develop a team of product and UX professionals.
- Work with product managers to prioritize and communicate high level and detailed deliverables that create an incredible customer experience.
- Coach and mentor team members ensuring they are high performing, collaborative and customer focused.
- Use your agile and lean expertise to help build a continuous improvement culture.
- Work closely with Merchandising and Marketing to shape go-to-market and growth strategies
- Work well across many Art and Walmart teams to build support and consensus on cross divisional businesses.
Why you’ll succeed:
- You have demonstrated strong user centricity and empathy in your previous product design roles
- You show an irrepressible curiosity. Constantly delving behind the data to discover simple and practical solutions for customers.
- You have a well articulated and defendable POV on product and UX design.
- You approach everything from a lean/agile mindset, focusing on customer value and servant leadership.
- You are an expert facilitator with the ability to lead valuable discussions with cross-functional team members that result in actionable outcomes.
- You have the ability to work with vendors and provide input on build vs buy decisions.
- You are known as highly collaborative and transparent, committed to breaking down silos.
- Obsessed with continuous improvement! No problem.
- You’re not afraid to experiment with new ideas, both from a process and a customer experience perspective.
- Excellent communication skills, able to make complex technical concepts/solutions easy to grasp, using written and visual documentation.
- You have proven leadership and management skills.
What you have:
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 11 years experience in eCommerce product management, management consulting, or related field.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 5+ years experience working in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Are you excited to change the way people shop for art through an exceptional site and purchasing experience? Our customer obsessed design and features help visitors discover art and mounting that matches their style all at a great value. Art.com is the leading online Art retailer. As part of the Walmart family of brands, we get to call over two million talented people our teammates. The number one reason people join us is to be a part of a nimble, high-performing team with unlimited opportunity and resources.