Category Specialist Lead - Kids Room
- Have It: Go after new sellers to provide the create the most comprehensive kids room experience for our customers. Work with strategic accounts to create a Best-in-class experience for our customers. Negotiate deals and agreements to ensure the best product offering.
- Find It: Work with category managers and category specialist to ensure that customers can easily browse and find the products from strategic market place sellers. Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing and enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
- Display It: Attract customers through compelling messaging (product titles and descriptions) and visual merchandising. Manage item and category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content.
- Price It: Benchmark vs competitors and source great deals to ensure we are competitive for our customers.
- Deliver It: Work cross-functionally with the teams to ensure customers receive their products quickly and efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping and the physical product.
- Optimize It: Rinse and repeat. Conduct regular analyses of brand, department, and total category performance, identifying key trends and growth opportunities. Continually evolve the home improvement marketplace offering and manage any assortment gaps and opportunities. Work with category management teams and cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
How You’ll Work
You own it: Category Specialists are the business owners for a product category/area. Your job is to blend art with science, combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, and passion for helping our customers to create the best home improvement assortment and shopping experience. You will identify new opportunities to go after and help current suppliers grow their business on the platform. You will own financial targets (e.g. GMV), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets. You will work with the Category Manager and Specialists to identify and communicate any risks and opportunities to sales.
You drive it: World-class interpersonal and persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with sellers and coordinating cross-functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer and work backwards, decoding their needs and journeys. You will need to identify changes in customer needs and the competitive landscape and adapt our proposition as needed.
You lead it: Have an idea? Go for it. You will be indirectly managing category specialists. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help test and validate your ideas.
What You Should Have
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your assortment and polish the customer experience
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information and experiences and applying them
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail