Director of Product, Retail Technology
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1710994
What you'll do at
About this Position
We are seeking a Product Leader who wants a unique, highly visible role in defining how Walmart’s US business (Stores & eCommerce) will continue to exceed growth targets and deliver a best in class customer experience. As the Director of Product, you will lead a strategic team that is building the next gen ecosystem around product data collection from supplier and business teams in a structured fashion. Your team will build the structured data collection architecture, data modeling, validation and standardization processes, as well as the change management processes, business workflows, supplier communications and training mechanisms.
This role requires a passion for understanding supply chain, digital merchandising, and workflows management to maximize impact. You will have regular exposure to Walmart’s Leadership and your ability to influence and communicate will be critical. The reward for impact in this role is large: you’ll gain a full cross-functional understanding of our business and can grow into a strategic senior leader within our company.
Is this you?
What You'll Do
- You will develop a clear understanding of how to operationalize product data collection across Walmart US. You will partner with associates at all levels of the organization from entry level to SVP+.
- You are comfortable leading across multiple geographies (primarily San Bruno/Sunnyvale, CA and Bentonville, AR) and business units: Walmart.com, Walmart US Stores, Walmart Grocery, etc.
- You’ll create a clear point of view on how Product can make supply chain and retail merchandising more effective and positively benefit our customer.
- You are comfortable defining a platform strategy.
- You’ll work through others to maximize the impact and velocity of your efforts; you must be comfortable guiding initiatives in a matrixed environment.
- You understand that product is more than developing technology and can frame how to leverage people-based solutions to accelerate outcomes.
- You aspire to grow your career rapidly and like high risk, high reward opportunities.
- Proven leader that can inspire a high performing team of 5+ Product Managers, delivering products at Walmart scale
- High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
- BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of experience managing product teams and delivering on time product solutions for internal stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
About the Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine Team is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the eCommerce experience and empower shoppers. As a leader in the Item Product vertical, you will define and drive solutions that influence the behavior of our customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart each day. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in product, technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started.