Senior Front End Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1700680
What you'll do at
Art.com Inc. is made up of talented people who are original thinkers and who love a culture where innovation, creativity and results are valued. Since its inception in 1998, Art.com has grown to be the largest online specialty retailer of high quality art, a position of strength that presents excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement for our employees.
Discover Your Potential
As an innovative and growing company, Art.com Inc. consistently strives to remain competitive in attracting and retaining employees whose work-hard, play-hard attitude allows them to thrive in achieving both personal and professional goals. Our performance-based culture has been developed around this approach. You can also expect challenging, rewarding work, competitive salaries, great benefits, and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
What You'll Do
Work with Business, User Experience, and other Engineering teams to understand business goals and convert your understanding and insights into technical solutions in Production. Contribute code to our web platform and user-facing websites in an agile environment. Design and modernize our user experience in collaboration with product managers, UX designers, and back-end engineers. Mentor other engineers and review code. Define best practices to ensure code quality and maintainability. Investigate, recommend, and implement new web technologies and web standards. Triage and troubleshoot production issues
- Bachelor's and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software development with focus on MVC based front end frameworks
- 2-3 years of Node.js and React architecting, designing and developing scalable UI applications
- 4+ years experience developing and deploying sites using HTML5, CSS3 across all major browsers and device types.
- Strong desire to continuously improve existing processes and technology
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate with different teams
- Experience optimizing for web performance across platforms and devices
- Preferred experience in API Management Layers such as Apigee or Mashery
- Preferred experience in continuous integration and deployment concept and best practices
- Preferred experience in Cloud platforms, such as AWS or GCP