Business Development Analyst: Home Group Category
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our team as Business Development Analyst. This Business Development Analyst is a highly visible position central to the continued growth, efficiency and success of the Home Group at Walmart eCommerce and will have broad exposure across business development, merchandising, strategy, operations, and finance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, business operations, and data analytics and is looking to gain additional real world operating experience prior to attending a top business school.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President and Group General Manager, Home and will be located in our San Bruno, California offices.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Collaborate with the Home Leadership Team on the development and execution of short and long-term business strategies and partnerships which exceed customer expectations across various channels and drive operating leverage in our profit and loss (P&L).
- Ensure all Home Team members are continuously aware of the performance and health of the business.
- Design and perform complex multi-variable analyses, on a continuous and ad-hoc basis, to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns.
- Drive performance customer analytics, including producing weekly and monthly reports that support partnership efforts and highlight key insights and trends.
- Structuring and performing partnership analysis, and conducting primary research, to uncover the insights that support our recommendations on long-term strategy.
Who You Are:
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about baking customer service into how you think and operate.
- 2+ years of investment banking or management consulting experience.
- Self-starter looking to gain broad operating experience in helping scale a fast growing business.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability in performing complex data analysis and drawing actionable insights.
- Ability to execute independent research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Strong presentation skills with an exceptional ability to communicate new ideas and findings.
- A good balance of analytical and creative thinking with the potential to become a business leader.
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and priorities.
- Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- BA/BS degree from a top school.
What We Can Offer You
- Opportunity to exposure to high visibility / impact projects.
- First-hand experience to help define the future of online and physical commerce at massive scale.
- Unique opportunity to accelerate your career by learning to run the details of running the operations of a business.
- To develop and generate your professional network.
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
- Unique chance to build and lead an exceptionally talented team.
- Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.