Sr. Events Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1683802
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for a seasoned event planner with experience planning, managing and executing all types of activations – from custom events to industry activations and internal trainings. You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Media Group’s value proposition.
In this role, you will own the strategy through execution for all Walmart Media Group events including agency tours, brand summits and conference participation. You will partner with our brand and vertical strategy teams to develop roadmaps, content and positioning that aligns to the overall Walmart Media Group market positioning, as well as ensuring all executive stakeholders are aligned and aware of all major event plans.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Manages and executes custom events, industry activations/attendance and internal meetings for WMG.
- Partner with stakeholders on all event planning to ensure business needs are met.
- Lead logistical pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation. Continue to learn and serve up recommendations that will improve our overall efficiency.
- Execute RFPs, venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Effectively negotiate contracts for hotels, venues and vendors, including F&B, any/all audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Develop and manage project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Registration/list management (e.g., invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges in partnership with lead development representatives)
- Someone who can play at both a strategic and tactical level with deep experience in demand generation and event management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 7-10 years’ experience in event management and leadership
- Managed or led an events team for a B2B or advertising related business