Events Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1683750
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for an event planner with experience planning, managing and executing all types of activations – from custom events to industry activations and internal trainings. You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Media Group’s value proposition.
In this role, you will own the execution for all Walmart Media Group events including custom events, industry activations and internal meetings. You will partner with our brand and vertical strategy teams to develop roadmaps, content and positioning that aligns to the overall Walmart Media Group market positioning, as well as ensuring all executive stakeholders are aligned and aware of all major event plans.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Supports logistical pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation for all WMG Custom Events, including internal sales training
- Supports management on all related activities ranging from executing RFPs, venue and vendor sourcing, etc.
- Supports the development of timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Produce and execute pre-event communications (including websites and onsite materials), and post-event analysis including event analytics, identify gaps and areas of opportunities, and drive recommendations for change to streamline and improve overall efficiencies.
- Support registration management (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges in partnership with LDR)
- Track performance in partnership with LDR and project managements
- Team point person for all other internal team needs (product team swag, internal onboarding team needs, etc.)
- Someone who ideates creatively and executes flawlessly when it comes to every event
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 5-7 years’ experience in event management
- Worked as part of an events team for a B2B or advertising related business