The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for an event planner with experience supporting the planning, managing and executing all types of activations – from custom events to industry activations and internal trainings. You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Media Group’s value proposition.
In this role, you will support the flawless execution for all Walmart Media Group events including custom events, industry activations and internal meetings. You will partner cross-functionally to ensure all support teams are aligned and in the know on upcoming events. You will help develop and execute timelines and set up meeting to facilitate executive alignment.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Supports logistical pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation for all industry activations and agency events (roadshow, lunch & learns, etc.).
- Works with vertical teams to establish sales roadmaps, coordinate travel, purchase tickets, supplemental meeting needs, etc.
- Supports management on all related activities ranging from industry research to full activation executions.
- Supports the development of timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Tracks performance in partnership with LDR and project managements
- Is point person for all event inquires and logistical details both internally and externally
- Someone with extraordinary attention to detail who prides themselves on flawlessly executing every event
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 2-3 years’ experience in event support or management
- Worked as part of an events team for a B2B or advertising related business