At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking a Senior Technical Ad Operations Associate to join our team in San Bruno. We are looking for an individual who loves digging into data, troubleshooting, learning new technologies and solving difficult problems. As a Senior Technical Ad Operations Associate, you will be responsible for the technical support and on-boarding of new ad products across the WMG ad portfolio.
You will partner closely with Product and Engineering to roll-out new products, features, and integrations. You will become an expert in Walmart's omni-channel solution, using Walmart’s proprietary data, to deliver exceptional performance for our clients.
- Level 2 technical support for campaign issues and discrepancies
- New product Q/A and Testing
- Liaise with Product and Engineering, providing feedback to improve operational efficiency and workflow.
- Development of trafficking and ad operations specifications and documentation for new products
- Support platform bugs
- Train campaign management and ad operations teams on new product execution and product enhancements
- Technical evaluation for all WMG vendors and partners
- 3-4 years of experience in Digital Ad Ops, Product or Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), video, and search technologies, as well as measurement platform knowledge
- Highly proficient in digital ad server technology (e.g. Doubleclick), Demand Side Platforms (e.g. AppNexus, Doubleclick), SaaS platforms and data measurement.
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/ reporting.
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for digital media and advertising technology
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission