Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a Data Scientist to lead the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic returns data modeling, analytics and global metrics that will help drive a world-class returns experience for the customer.
You will work closely with the returns experience team to identify business opportunities through data modeling to increase the effectiveness of returns decisions and initiate decisions earlier in the returns life cycle. You will also develop analytics for our merchants and suppliers to help identify and fix root cause issues to reduce returns and improve the overall customer experience. You will also identify the critical performance indicators that will help ensure the returns experience program achieves it's desired goals. You will apply a problem solving approach, will be agile and able to apply the right frameworks and business analysis to each phase of the program life cycle.
This returns data scientist will be skilled at engaging and communicating across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across product management and engineering, and finance.
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Able to extract data from sources across different work streams/platforms (for e.g., dotcom, stores etc.) and synthesize into dashboards or insightful information
- Strong attention to detail and tolerance for ambiguity while developing models for analysis.
- Partner with stakeholders from various internal groups to understand process and data elements.
- Multi-tasking ability to handle requests to support multiple pilots and pivot quickly based on resource ask and business need.
- Consults with business stakeholders regarding data insights and recommendations
- Drives analytics insights across the division
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads medium- to large-sized analytics project teams
- Manages the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics or related field
- Must be self-driven and passionate about retail and must be customer centric. Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- 4-8 years’ experience in business analytics and data science
- Proficient with SQL (experience in Hive and Teradata utilities preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required; Python or R strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with BI tools; Tableau /R shiny/Looker
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are re-imagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.