Senior Search Data Product Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Search
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1680666
What you'll do at
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don't just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
Are you an online shopper? Are you an avid researcher who is passionate about words and relevance? If so, the Search team is looking to hire a Search backend Product Manager who is Curious about data, and meticulous in data exploration and validation that will power great customer experiences that scale to billions of queries for millions of products across Walmart sites and mobile apps.
- Works with Engineering Platform Team, Data Science, UX Teams and other stakeholders to translate shared Product vision into requirements; Writes technical product specifications for the architecture of the underlying platform components (such as Search Index, Data Storage and APIs) and the desired customer experience.
- Uses knowledge of Software Development life cycle, capabilities of Programming languages, complexity in building Data pipelines and the process from implementation to testing to launch, to build a combined technical product development action plan
- Uses knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Science approaches and leverages them to solve customer problems at scale by partnering with the Technology teams
- Uses a Data & Metrics driven approach to analyze, draw insights from large data sets through statistical methods, estimate impact and iterate over product and engineering features quickly; Works with SQL/Hive/Python and data analysis frameworks and tools to process data
- Develops and champions a technology product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a product area in support of customer and corporate goals; Builds on top of technical subject-matter expertise to elevate the customer experience beyond fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in technical field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates structured thinking and adeptness with data
- Previous experience in product management, management consulting, or project management
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.