Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced copy writer to join our brand team in San Bruno. Under the direction of the Sr Brand Manager, you will create clear and compelling copy for thought leadership pieces, blogs, speeches, product related content, whitepapers, one sheeters and other communications for external audiences. You are an experienced writer, editor and content creator across all channels and can translate ideas from a variety of perspectives into practical and concise copy. You can come up with thought-provoking ideas, turn beautiful copy on tight deadlines, and challenge us to be better. You should be passionate about good writing, capable of thinking deeply about complex issues and comfortable defending your work. Experience working in advertising is not essential, but enthusiasm is.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Create a range of compelling content (articles, speeches, printed collateral, videos) that shifts advertiser mindsets and drives them to take action
- Own content development from brief stage through execution
- Synthesize and integrate research and customer insights into content development
- Support marketing strategy and messaging for key industry events such as
- Build strong relationships and offer tactical and strategic communications advice to leaders and their teams
- Partner with designers to help develop assets for external and internal use
- Bachelors degree in English, Writing, Advertising, or related field and 4 years’ experience in a copywriting role
- Strong point of view on creative ideas and ability to promote conceptual thinking among team
- A solid understanding of writing creative, effective sales enablement materials
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter that can juggle multiple projects
- 3-5 year’s experience working for or with creative agencies